Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Every DAY?

How can you people DO it?

I know there are people out there who have enough dedication to blog every single day, but I'm not one of them. I'd like to pretend it's because I'm busy doing productive things and out having a life, but this is not the case. I'm just a lazy procrastinator...

A thought: Is there ever a correct usage of "thru"? It just looks so misspelled. Like something McDonald's thought up because "through" was too long to fit on the signs. But I've been seeing it more-- on the Internet especially, but used by otherwise non-chatspeaky people. And if "thru" IS in fact a word, can it be used interchangeably with "through", or are there two separate ways they should be used?

Well, spellcheck says "thru" is wrong. It doesn't even recognize it as a possible spelling of "through". Its suggestions: Thur, thrum, Thu, thou. Weird.

I've run out of things to say, but I want to say more. BUT, I don't want it to seem like I'm just rambling or searching for things to say. Oh this is like rambling, but ARG, now I'm rambling about rambling. The more I type the word rambling the weirder it looks. Rambley, rambley ramble ramble rambling. Hah. Ram-bling.



Well, apparently I'm not the only one who's thought of it.

Oh, that can count as a FPATEOTP, can't it? Well no, since I've typed a considerable amount after the picture instead of a sentence or two. The acronym FPATEOTP isn't very catchy, either. I'll have to fix that... how about:

FIPOGI:

Funny
Image
Pilfered
Off
Google
Images

It's shorter, at least. And it's a combination of vowels and consonants that, while it isn't REALLY a word, it LOOKS like it could be a word. And, it's not already an acronym. Like the WWF.



OR:



Or...



A comical combination of the two...

Well, that's enough FIPOGIs for one blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment