Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Now for the REAL holiday!

Happy Veteran's Day!

Meh, not really a happy occasion, but what else is there to say? Not enough people actually celebrate and honor veterans or whatever is supposed to happen thanks to this holiday. Just gives SOME lucky ducks a day off. Not us. :P

I don't have much more to say except didjaknow that they call it Remembrance Day in Canada? I didn't until today... I think this difference originates from the fact that Americans no like the big words. "Veteran's" is just shorter and more obvious. Remember who? Or what? Can I remember my dead goldfish? Hmmm.... goldfish. Cheeeeese. I'm hungry. Am I remembering my memories or the person/thing/fish/imaginary friend itself? Too complicated. Let's stick with "Veteran's", shall we?

(My remembrance of past Veteran's Days: When I was little I didn't know the difference between a veteran and a veterinarian. (it made perfect sense. Dogs = awesome therefore, Dog doctors = awesomer. Don't remember when I learned it wasn't, but I was mad about that. When IS Veterinarian's Day, anyway? *checks* Oh, it passed already. April 25th, incase you didn't know.)

(absence of the recent FIPOGIs is because this weird buttonless Mac mouse doesn't have right-click, so I can't figure out how to get the copy&paste menu for URL's and such. Either I'm completely oblivious/stupid/technologically incompetent/monkeybrained/weird/too cool for dat *choose one*, or I sense a very angry letter to Apple in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment